Wednesday, March 7, 2012

EXTREME NESTING (Pinteresting)

So I call this phase of my life nesting... or another word for it might be "pinteresting"! We are expecting our second child in early July and the nesting instinct has completely taken over my life!  This compulsion is only exacerbated by my love of Pinterest!  These two together have created A LOT of organization (labels, labels, labels) and lots of trips to the Dollar Store, Hobby Lobby and Walmart!

My first project was the kitchen pantry and kitchen office. Sadly I don't have before pictures to show  just how pitiful a mess it was previously, but here are the "afters" :)


Kitchen Pantry.... 



The organized pantry put a HUGE smile on my hubby's face and that pretty much made it worth it for me! The other bonus to an organized pantry is that it makes me actually want to cook! This in itself is a total MIRACLE!!!
 The only thing that could make this pantry better is a colorful print inside the shelves! Check out  House of Smith   pantry!
  Ah.mazing... I know!!! I plan on panting and stenciling the back of these shelves in the next month or so...I'll update then!
 
So my other obsession right now is LABELS!!!!!  I love making them and looking at them...they really make me happy! And truth is they really do make life easier...it's true!





 For these labels I used "chalk board" contact paper!!! In love with this stuff! Then I labeled using a "chalk board" marker

 For this label I used a "shape press," you can find them at any craft store I bought this one at Hobby Lobby.
 More chalk board contact paper!!!

So In the spirit of true organization I neatley taped a "what not to recycle" sign on one side of the Recycle bucket (my husband constantly asks me...."can this be recycled" thought this might help with some of these types of questions ; )
On the other side I taped a large zip lock bag and put the Recyle boocklet for the city I lived in. This booklet is awesome...it gives tons of info on where to recycle bulk items, large boxes, christmas tree drop off, paint and electronics drop off, etc... now the info is handy when we need it)

Kitchen Office....

 I found some wrapping paper I liked and backed the shelves with it! Looks better than plain 'ol shelves and makes me smile every time I go to grab something out of there!




Laundry...





Craft Closet...






We all know that the purpose of organization is to de-stress our lives...but somehow I'm still shocked how it does that very thing...DE-STRESS! My husband and I really do feel more relaxed and I get a lot more accomplished during the day!  It really does work!

 Bottom line is... I heart organizing!

1 comment:

TeresaD said...

I love organizing too when I do it. It's been a few years! This is amazing, Amanda. A ziploc for the recycling rules in Frisco??!! You crack me up!