Saturday, April 21, 2012

Golly Geez Can it be Our Little Madeline is Turning 3!

This year my little angel decided she wanted a "Daisy Party." "A what?" you might be asking! Well, you know,  that duck that plays the supporting role to Minnie... Donald's main squeeze... yeah, Daisy Duck!

So random right!? Well google Daisy Duck parties (or anything for that matter) and you'll see just how unpopular this little duck really is! In truth I was glad to bring this cutie out of the shadows, even if just for a day!

I'm not sure what made M definitively decide on this theme... but once she made up her mind there was no going back. The only thing I can come up with is that M looooves purple, and well you guessed it...So does Daisy! On the "Mickey Mouse Club House" TV show, Daisy is always sporting purple from head to "high heals"!   So in the end a "Daisy-Duck-Purple-Party" it was (and of course I added some pink in there for good measure!) 







My first try using fondant...I'm in love!!!

I had tons of fun making and gathering treats for the main table: Vanilla Popcorn, Candy Pretzels, Hot Pink Gum Balls, white and pink marshmellos, strawberry maltballs (wow!) and  "Brigadeiros"


Work it Daisy, you are cuter than Minnie any day!




Raspberry Lemonade with frozen raspberries! Yummo!





Saw this on a blog somewhere, and knew I had to do it... You ask your kid the same 20 questions every year for his/her birthday and keep them in a scrapbook! It will be fun to look back and see how the answers change! I decided to print it out and display it at the party...I was also going to frame a nice picture of M to go along side it...but ran out of time!



Brazilian Chocolate Fudge Truffles "Brigadeiros" .... to die for!

To burn some calories we  the kids jumped, ran, swung, climbed and beat the head off a butterfly ; )


Sweet Cousins!

Match making... Is he not the cutest???

We love pinatas!!!


Add caption




I'm going to call this one a total SUCCESS! Maddy and her little friends had a blast... and that's what it was all for! Thanks for celebrating with us guys!

Oh, want to give a major shout out to Meagan P  for helping me set up/tear down and EVERYTHING in between! You are clearly the best...couldn't have done it with out you! We love you!

I love this child more than anything! She brings endless smiles and laughter to my days! She is amazing in every way and I feel beyond blessed to be her mom!

 I love you Madeline Tarter!

No comments: