Sunday, April 8, 2012

Hoping Easter Everyone

"EASTER IS HERE"- Maddy told me to write that ; )

Easter is a blast with an almost 3 year old! We kicked off the Easter weekend with some family fun...



we all enjoyed looking at our finished product and debating who had made the most beautiful egg!








On Saturday morning we headed out with some good friends to do some huntin', egg huntin' that is! This was M's second time to Easter egg hunt and the first time around she wasn't even walking...so lets just say it was a new experience! For some reason I went into "dance moms" mode, shouting at her as if this was a competitive event! She was no really feelin' all my enthusiasm! The result... 3 empty eggs, 3 eggs with one bubble gum each, four jelly beans off the ground and one grumpy little girl! 
Mission Easter Egg Hunt #1: FAIL!


grumpy hug! This little guy is seriously the sweetest
little man ever!
I think this is the only smile I saw that morning!

Jelly bean huntin'















After a much needed nap... We regrouped and attended a wonderful Easter service at Hope Fellowship in Frisco! Wonderful time of worship and remembrance of why this day matters! That evening we went to a Quinceanera of a former student of mine, one of my favorite students ever!!! I wish I had pictures! I was such a fun family event for us. It was all of our first time to go to one of these! Maddy was in complete awe!!! She danced the night away (the only one dancing, might I add!!!)

It was a jam packed day..we didn't get home until 11 pm... YIKES!


Sunday Morning the Easter Bunny drooped off a basket full of treats!!! Maddy opened her door to a big surprise!



Yes!!! That's the "happy dance"!!!
Soon after inspecting all the goodies.... we headed out for our second attempt at Easter egg hunting, we drove about an hour and half north (I think) of Dallas to Bonham, Texas! There we meet with my husband's dad's side of the family! Lots of second cousins to play with which is always a bonus!

This time around I laid off the competitive sport mentality and tried to let her do it her way! It went a lot better!



Three at a time, now that's impressive!


Mission Easter Egg Hunt #2: SUCCESS


They even had a Easter pinata! That was awesome! She's the youngest and smallest of the bunch so she got to go first and last! Super fun time!






No comments: